Getting a mortgage can be difficult for some people, particularity if you don't have a high income, a large deposit, and clean credit.
But don't worry this is where we can help you.
Once you have the finance, what do you do with it?
- Is the lender going to be telling you all the way to realistically pay the loan off faster?
- Will they explain their products clearly and help you save money?
- Will they help through the process of buying a house, making the offer, getting the conditions sorted and keeping it stress-free?
- Will they be any use if you want to do something complicated like building a house or buying multiple rentals?
DUX Mortgage Finance does all of that and more. We provide advice from the start to the finish, and into the future; keep it stress-free and help you save interest on your loan.
While we are doing that we will get the mortgage finance approved for you, so you don’t have to muck around with the lender.
For a stress-free mortgage finance get in touch.
First Home Buyers
Buying your first home can be very daunting, but it doesn't have to be.
Everyone has an opinion, from a well-meaning family who haven’t bought property in decades, to your friend who is a regular investor, but none of them quite recall what it’s like to be a first home buyer in Wellington.
DUX Financial Services specialises in helping first home buyers, it has only been about 10 years since Alan bought his first home and saw all the pitfalls that can scare someone off from making the step into home ownership.
- We answer all your questions, from your budget, deposit, repayment strategies, making an offer, what the different property tenures mean, and anything else you can think of.
- We put you in front of the professionals you need who also specialise in first home buyers: the lawyer, the valuer, the building inspector, the engineer and anyone else that is needed.
- We make sure that you get the right advice on which lender to use, how to structure the mortgage, how to pay the loan back faster, what insurances you need, how to make the best use of your accounts, what it’s all going to cost, and how to plan for any future goals.
- Moreover, we do it all in writing, in an easy to follow personalised report, so you can refer back to it later.
- We walk you through the entire process and are available 7 days a week if you have a query.
Once it’s all done, we will be there for you whenever you need advice on re-fixing, topping up, paying it back faster, how changes in life like starting a family will affect the loan and insurances, and anything else you need.
So if you are looking to buy your first home and don’t know where to start, start by getting in touch with us.
We have a simple process that will get you into your first home with no stress.
So, you already have a house but it’s not right for your current circumstances and you have decided to look for a house upgrade.
Maybe you need a bigger house as the kids are getting too big, or you want to start a family. Maybe the kids have moved on so you need a smaller house. Whatever the story we can help.
You may have some questions about if you should keep your existing property as a rental investment towards your retirement or if it’s better just to sell it and get a house upgrade.
If you decide to sell it, then you will have some decisions to make. Here’s a good guide on some of the questions you should try answer.
- If you sell before you buy, where will you live?
- Can you coordinate it so you buy and sell on the same day?
- Could you afford both if you bought the house upgrade before you sell the current one, and what conditions will the lender impose on you?
Where will your deposit come from?
If you have all your savings or deposit wrapped up in equity in your home, how will you pay the deposit to the vendor of your new home? What will the cost of borrowing the money short-term be?
What if I’m renting out the property?
If you are renting the property, you will have the same question over the deposit, but will also need to work out what the property will rent for, should you manage it yourself, or should you use a property manager? Is it a good investment? Does it fit your retirement plan? Can you afford the larger mortgage on both properties? What are your tax obligations and benefits?
Our DUX Financial Homebuyers plan works in this situation as well.
The stages of a house upgrade may look like:
- Work out what you want to do, the costs, your budget, should you rent or sell the current house, what can you borrow and any other questions that need answering.
- Get your finances pre-approved.
- Recommend the right mortgage professionals to talk to, e.g. lawyer, consultant, property manager, accountant.
- Start looking for a new house and list your existing house if you are selling.
- Help you make an offer on the new property, and advise on the impact of the price you are offered on the current house.
- Once the purchase on the new home is finalised (and sale on the current house if applicable), present a report with full funding recommendations, structure, insurances, etc.
- Provide ongoing advice to help you pay the loan off faster.
Having a rental property is a very common way of Kiwi’s planning for their future retirement. However, too often people just jump in without looking at what their needs are, or how it will work for them. DUX Financial offers two services in this area.
Rental Property finance
If you simply want to get finance and do not want the full analysis, we have a straightforward process that will help you get the finance you need, in the structure that best fits your circumstance. We will:
- Meet with you to discuss your finance needs and risks.
- Recommend any professionals you need to engage but do not currently have a relationship with to help improve the state of your finances. E.g lawyer, accountant, and property manager.
- Organise the finance on your behalf.
- Liaise with your accountant to make sure the loan structure fits your taxation strategy as advised by your accountant.
- Present a report for you with our recommendations for structure, payments, and repayment strategies.
- Provide ongoing advice to assist you with building your property portfolio and paying off your mortgage.
Rental Property Investment Analysis and Finance
With this service, we do everything that we do above, but we also help you answer the question of is this a good investment?
We work with you to look at your current situation, your future desired situation and if this property will help you get there, and what your other investments are doing in this area.
This will give you an idea of what your future needs are, which most Kiwi’s have no idea about, as well as a roadmap to get there.
There is a charge for this service, which we will agree with you before any work is done, and with our “no value, no payment” guarantee.
Property Finance – Building a House
Building a house should be one of the most exciting things you do.
After all, you get to choose what your house will look like, what rooms are where and have it all the way you like.
Unfortunately, building a house often ends up being the most stressful thing anyone can do, and very few people would do it twice.
This is often because they are drowned in all the details, and are not sure what to do next.
Between dealing with the lender, the builder, the council, the tradesman, the lawyer, the valuer, and the new neighbours, it can all end up too much.
DUX Financial is there as the facilitator for you, yes we will get you the property finance, but we do more than that.
We will help:
- You find the right builder.
- Talk you through the process of what needs to happen.
- Understand the way the progress payments work.
- Advise on the council requirements.
Generally be the person who knows what is happening next so that you know there is only one person to have to check with, and we will check with everyone else.
So if you are looking at building a house, and want to enjoy the process, why not get in touch and let’s talk about what you are looking to achieve.