A lot of people forget about the financial impact of a death or disability on their family and their business
What would be the financial impacts on your family and your financial goals if any of the following happened and you had no personal risk plan?
- You or your partner died prematurely (before 65)
- Either of you were permanently disabled and never able to work again
- A member of your immediate family suffered a major critical illness
(Cancer, Heart attack, stroke, paralysis etc)
- Either of you were unable to work for 6 months or more due to illness
- A member of your immediate family needed a major operation and did not want to sit in the public queue.
Most people have some life insurance that the bank made you take when you got your house; perhaps work has some benefits but you are not sure what they are, or an insurance sales clerk (you have never seen since) convinced you to buy some insurance ages ago.
However, do you know what your risk needs are, and if what you have fits those needs?
A full risk plan, with proper advice and analysis that fits your needs and budget is the best way to go.
Did you know it can be as bad if not worse than the impact on a family, especially if the person who dies or is disabled provides income for multiple employees and has no business risk plan.
- Would there be a financial impact on the owners’ family if the owner died or was permanently disabled?
- Maybe the business has debts the owner has personally guaranteed?
- Maybe the owner provides a substantial portion of the business income or is the only person who can maintain key contracts.
- Have the owners invested a lot of their own money into the business that needs to be repaid?
- Would the surviving family want to take over the business? Are they able to? On the other hand, would they prefer the money needed to wind up or sell the business?
- How will the owner continue to draw income if disabled?
Is ACC a massive expense for you and you are not sure you will actually be paid if you have an accident?
If there are multiple owners, and you have a buy/sell agreement in the event one of you dies or is permanently disabled, how is this funded?
Is there an employee who is key to the business, and the business would suffer financially if they were unable to work for a period of time or passed away?
If any of these questions have you wondering about your own business (regardless of its size), it’s time to have a full business risk analysis done.
The DUX Risk Protection Plan
Our process is below id designed to provide you with the most tailored risk protection plan.
We talk with you about your current situation, and what’s likely to change in the near future. We discuss with you the 5 areas of risk, and ask you what you would like to happen financially in each of those areas should something occur in that area. We also get your desired budget for your personal risk plan protection.
RESEARCH AND ANALYSIS
We take all the info you have given us, and work out what your total risk needs are, and if your current personal risk plan and covers are too much, too little, the wrong kind, or perfect for you.
If you need more cover, we research which company will best fit you, quote for your ideal situation and to fit your budget. We then put this all together in an easy to understand written report for you.
We sit with you and go over the report, your needs from the report, and our recommendations for what to do, and assist you to prioritise if we need to fit within your budget.
We manage the process from start to finish making sure your application for new insurances goes smoothly, and does not take up too much of your time.
Once your new covers are in place we will review them with you on a regular basis to make sure your personal risk plan stays current to your changing circumstances.